X2 Editor is tool for modifying object definition files and galaxy maps of X2 The Threat.It can edit their content and show them in human readable form.
It consists of:
TXT EditorServes for editing object definition files (located in types directory).
- Can edit any X2 TXT file in raw mode
- Shows names of most fields in supported files (all files except TNebula, TPlanets, TSpecial)
- Shows names and descriptions of objects (like ships, wares, factories). This information is loaded from XML files
- Some values are translated (like: value 3 at offset 20 in TShips file means 125MW shield)
- You can add/remove guns and turrets with single mouse click
- Works with modded TXT and XML files
Galaxy EditorServes for editing and viewing sector maps (located in maps directory).
- Can show all objects with their names and IDs
- Can move one object into another by drag and drop
- Can show numbers in hexadecimal or decadic format and distances and coordinates in nautical miles, meters or game units
- Have its own map
- You can change object coordinates by simply dragging it on the map
- You can create objects directly on the map on specified coordinates